National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
The NDIS is being introduced by region in Victoria. This means that in some parts of the state the NDIS is already available, while in others it has yet to begin.The NDIS will become available in all regions of Victoria by 2019.
Upcoming rollout areas:
- From March 2018, the NDIS will become available in the Hume Moreland Region
- From April 2018, the NDIS will become available in the Bayside Peninsula area of Melbourne.
For further information about the NDIS please go to the NDIS website. https://www.ndis.gov.au/index.html
To see if you are eligible: https://www.ndis.gov.au/ndis-access-checklist or call 1800 800 110.
Local Area Coordinator (LAC)
The LAC Services role is to assist people with disability, their families and carers to build and pursue their goals for a good life, exercise choice and control and engage with the Scheme; The LAC works to ensure that people with disability can be supported outside the Scheme by working with communities and mainstream services to build awareness and to become more inclusive of the range of needs and aspirations of the needs of with disability; The LAC support participants of the Scheme to navigate and optimise their engagement with the scheme and to promote opportunities for people with disability.
Local Area Coordination
For most people, a Local Area Coordinator (LAC) will be your main contact point for the NDIS.
We have partnered with the following organisations to deliver LAC services in Victoria:
- Brotherhood of St Laurence (external) in the service area of North East Melbourne, Hume Moreland, and Bayside Peninsula
- Latrobe Community Health Service (external) in the service areas of Central Highlands, Ovens Murray, Wimmera South West (external), Barwon, Inner East Melbourne, Inner Gippsland, and Outer East Melbourne
- Intereach (external) in the service area of Loddon
If you are interested in working as an LAC you can find details about available positions by visiting our Partners website recruitment pages:
- Brotherhood of St Laurence Careers (external)
- Latrobe Community Health Service Careers (external)
- Intereach Careers (external)
NDIS and Partners in the Community office locations including the Early childhood early intervention services are on Our Locations page.