The Education Standards cover the following education providers:
- Preschools and kindergartens (but not childcare)
- Public and private schools
- Public education and training places, such as TAFE
- Private education and training places, such as private business colleges
- Organisations that prepare or run training and education programs
The Education Standards cover the administration of a course – for example, enrolling, and handing in assignments. They also cover how the course is taught – for example, on the internet, using blackboards and using videos.